- A 25% non-refundable deposit of the total accommodation cost is required to secure a booking, which will be confirmed in writing.
- The balance must be paid to us within 30 days of the booking date.
- All credit card payments incur a 3% surcharge.
- Our Season runs from early November until late April.
- All requests for changes to bookings (including cancellations) must be given to us in writing.
- We will not accept any changes or cancellations within 30 days of booking date, when all bookings will be final, non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- If you cancel your booking within 30 days before the booking date, we will endeavour to re book the campsite to fill the cancelled booking. You will only be reimbursed for the re-booked amount and only once that new booking is fully paid. We are entitled to deduct a service fee.
- No refunds will be given if guests cancel due to inclement weather.
- No refunds will be given if guests leave early.
- We recommend travel insurance to cover the cost of cancellation.
We reserve the right, at check in, to pre authorize your credit card at the rate of the first nights accommodation as a bond for any costs incurred. The bond will be returned to you less any authorized deductions within five working days of check out.
We may also deduct additional amounts from this credit card to cover the costs of any damage to property, camp equipment or missing items.
During the summer months the fire hazard around the campsite is extreme. The surrounding tussocks are highly flammable so there is a strict NO FIRE, NO SMOKING or use of a NAKED FLAME policy. Breach of this policy puts lives at risk.
Campers are asked to respect the farm property and drive only Moke lake road and park in the allocated space. Any off road driving leaves tyre tracks that scar the landscape, these tracks then remain visible for many years. As this is a working farm there is no vehicle or foot access to farm tracks or through farm gates. No pets are allowed.
Care of campsites
Campers are responsible for leaving the campsites in the same condition and state of cleanliness as found at check in and are liable for any damage to property or camp equipment. The cost of repairs or replacement of equipment will be charged to credit card details taken at check in. You are not responsible for reasonable wear and tear (as determined by us at our discretion). Campers are expected to wash their dishes and clean the BBQ and gas cooker. We ask you to let us know about any camp equipment that is not working. Additional tents may not be erected on the property.
Camping Experience/Outback Trailer
A sense of adventure is required. While our tents are luxuriously appointed you are camping in an alpine environment with a short walk though tussocks and schist to the toilet and shower in the Outback trailer. The self-contained trailer (solar and gas powered) does not have an unlimited supply of water or hot water. The campsites may vary from the photos depending on the weather.
While we will do everything to make your stay as comfortable as possible we cannot control the weather. Even in the summer the evenings can be cool (we recommend you bring warm clothes and sensible shoes). No refunds will be given to guests who cancel due to inclement weather. If however there is a 'Severe Local Weather Warning' issued by the weather service and it is considered dangerous to camp GCQ will refund 80% of full payment and do our best to find alternative accommodation or rebook subject to availability. This is at the discretion of GCQ.
You may not invite additional quests to the property without prior arrangement.
Check in: 2pm – 5pm
Check out: 11am
All campers stay at their own risk and must agree to these terms and conditions.